Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Accidental Chocolate Brownie / Tart


One evening I was making Chocolate Brownie for a dinner party, that I was going attending, and realised at an extremely late moment that I'd run out of Caster Sugar, so I added extra chocolate instead. It didn't cook properly due to the consistency being too wet but it did make the most delicious chocolate brownie tart thing. 
Due to the London Tube Strike, I was unable to come home to collect it for my dinner party, so I took it to work the next day and it's now a firm favourite with my colleagues, although I'm not sure if it's a firm favourite with their waist lines. Try it, trust me it's scrumptious!

Ingredients:
100g (4oz) Unsalted Butter
300g (12oz) Dark Chocolate

100g (4oz) Plain Flour
100g (4oz) Caster Siugar
2 Medium Eggs
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Vanilla Essence

Instructions:
Melt the butter and chocolate together.
Mix the remaining ingredients together.
Add the melted butter and chocolate to the remaining mixture.

Place the mixture in a greased dish and pop into a pre-heated oven for 30-35 minutes at approximately 200c / Gas Mark 5.

Take the chocolate brownie/tart out when the mixture is still kind of moist / wet in the middle and leave to cool.

Once cool, cut and serve with Vanilla Ice Cream or Clotted Cream.

Enjoy!

No comments: