Monday, October 14, 2013

My Year of Books: The Beast in the Jungle

I picked up this novella due to packing a small handbag one day, after I'd finished Frankenstein and I'm so glad that I did, as it's wonderful. It's by Henry James, who I've never heard of...sorry literacy fans, as I've stated before I'm uneducated and rubbish with books and classic works.

The Beast in the Jungle is a short story about John Marcher, who has a constantly dread that some spectacular event will happen to him. It opens with John being reunited with May Bartram, who he met ten years earlier and shared his secret with. I don't want to give too much away, as this book is wonderful. It's a lovely read and has such charming sentiments, I'd highly recommend to anyone. Especially those who aren't quite sure what is expected from life or what life is all about...

No comments: