Tuesday, August 20, 2013

My Year in Books: Frankenstein

I was a little stuck for what to read, post 'Great Expectations'. All of my books were in a van in the shire, I had two books with me: Frankenstein or Pride Prejudice and Zombies. It decision was hard...but I felt that something light to carry in my handbag would be optimum! Yep, I chose Frankenstein due to it's physical size - isn't that how we all choose books? I also fancied something short, especially after both 'Anna Karenina' and 'Great Expectations' - they could both block broken panes of glass with no drafts.

I'm two thirds of a way through Frankenstein and I'm really enjoying it. I was a little surprised at how articulate the monster was, but hey, he's explained that all...understandably, here is to the rest of the book, I hope Mary Shelley doesn't let me down!

No comments: