Monday, August 19, 2013

My Year in Books: Great Expectations Pt. 2

I loved, loved, loved Great Expectations.

It's so incredible! The characters are well rounded and interesting, by the end of the book I adored Pip. I was so glad that he got over his ego and became an incredible young gentleman. I also loved Joe, he was such a loving, caring character who couldn't see fault with anyone. I hated Estella for the most part and I know it isn't her fault, she was raised so but she's such a bitch! As for Miss Havisham, I loved her, twisted I know, how can you love the creator but hate the result?! I've no idea but I do. Maybe it was due to the fact that I kind of understood why Miss Havisham had behaved in such a way...I mean with the upset and twisted revenge, not the actual actions of screwing with a young impressionable mind. I know that Estella is really the victim, but she drove me mad...

My hat is off to you Mr Dickens, you are one hell of a talented writer. Yeah, I can tell that he has been waiting for me to write a review of one of this books since he started writing. He'll be so happy, he can probably rest in peace now...

Everyone should read this book at one point in their life. This is pretty much all I'm going to write about GE. It's not fair to spoil it for anyone, it's a wonderful, wonderful story! Go and read it!

No comments: