Wednesday, January 30, 2013

My year of Books: Of Mice and Men

Right, so mid last week, I finished Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck, if only someone had told me how sad it was going to get.

Firstly, you can instantly tell why it's a modern classic, it's so well written and hits home emotionally instantly, as soon as I started reading it, I cared for Lenny and George, I wanted George to do all he could for Lenny; and to me, he did.

After meeting Candy, I could feel that he and George would have an affiliation; and after meeting Curley's Wife, I knew she was up to no good. I've met so many females like her, they can't see the harm they do due to their boredom. Oh, how mad I got reading about Curley's Wife, she isn't a girl's girl, that's for sure...

Ensuring I give nothing away, if someone had told me that I would end the book sobbing into the pages, my heart emptying with every tear that hit the page, I don't know if I would have read it. It was heartbreakingly beautiful. So incredibly beautiful, that I've recommended it to my mother, who has read  everything twice...just to ensure that she has definitely read it.

This is the kind of book that leave an impression, the kind of amazing book that takes hardly any words to describe, it's all about the passion within 5 words: You have to read this book.

No comments: