I had a hen do last weekend and due to being unemployed, I needed to conserve money, where I could. So decided that with the new fabric, I could be productive with my time and money. Out came Diana from retirement, and off I set. I measured the booby triangles, sewed them together. Cut four lengths of material, sewing two of them end to end, folding the edges over and ironing, then placed and sewed the boobs in place.
|Eton Butterfly Print|
Basically, it was really easy and took me about 4 hours to make. Isn't it cute!
It worked out really well, until about 1am, when one of my straps popped off, not so great! But all in all, it was fab and I was extremely proud to be wearing my own design. I'm extremely tempted to make a couple of summer tops in a similar style now.
Plus, I've been sewing for about 15 years now, and I've only just found out how to gather material through stitches. I guess it's true what they say, you're never too old to learn.