Thursday, November 23, 2006

I found a grey what at 24?

I've known for some time that I had the occasional grey hair in my bonnet but jesus...I realised a few days ago, why I've been dying my hair since I was 13, it's because I knew that soon enough, I'd be sporting the aging look.
If it was in the perfect style of Cruella Deville or Caryn Franklin, then I'd happily keep it and go for gold in the delicate art of aging gracefully but at 24? I do think not!
And I am so fed up of my blonde friends laughing at the idea of having grey/white hair at 24, jesus girls, half of your bonnets have been white/grey for some time, making up a good percentage of your multi-tonal crowning glory.
I personally like discussing this matter with my like headed friends and also those whom believe that they natural colour is something totally different to what it actually is, as they haven't truly seen it in ages, yonks, donkey's years, centuries, need I go on? I don't think so.
As for the pulling one out and 5 growing back, it's bastardly true...although I think that grey hair is more like mould, once you get one and notice it, it's spreads and grows at double the rate it did.
So here's to praying that all of my grey hairs start discussing the matter of growing in a collective and give me a graceful streak.
The only buggering thing about it, is that my regrowth under the dye, looks horrendous and I can't get away with being lazy and avoiding the matter of redying...so here's to being more on the ball and denying the art of growing old gracefully, well for at least another 10 years.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been getting them for ages. I sympathise, but not too much coz, knowing you, you'll just take the piss that I'm old or something. "Yeah, but you're old." Don't pretend you wouldn't.